Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My Trip to San Francisco



My sister and I took a little drive to San Francisco yesterday and attended the Frida Kahlo exhibition. The Show was AWESOME!! What an experience!! The paintings were beautiful and each seem to be entirely different works of art in person. Being able to view the true colors, textures and detail in person was definitely amazing. The Dos Fridas is Unbelievable, it took my breath away. Oh, and "Moses", it is beautiful in person. I highly recommend everyone who is a Frida Kahlo fan like myself to go and check-out the SF exhibit if you have the chance to, you will not be disappointed.













Refresh my blog page to play and replay the slide show.


Aftering the Frida Kahlo show at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, I took off to attend another exihibition at the de Young, Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco. I attended the Dale Chihuly exhibition, which was also VERY COOL! I would describe it as hand blown glass arts with a fantasy / dream like twist. It is so colorful, and reminds me of E.T. meets Willy Wonka, meets Dr. Seuss, SO AWESOME! I also paid the very low bargain price of $5 dollar admission for the Chihuly show too.














Refresh my blog page to play and replay slide show.




FYI, All the museums in San Francisco are FREE admission on the FIRST TUESDAY OF THE MONTH, but this excludes special exhibits like the "Frida Kahlo" and Chihuly" which is $5, but still is a BARGAIN PRICE compared to paying the full admission price on the museums regular day. This is good info to know because you will save up to about $15 bucks!
















Check-out my shop and my sister's Etsy shops for Frida Kahlo handmade items for sale!







































Enjoy viewing my slides!!!




No comments: